Monday, January 11, 2010

Just breathe

I have just now gotten Hunter down for his nap...we usually have a pretty good schedule going:
8:30-wake up, breakfast, diaper/clothes change
play until about 12:30: lunch
1:00-nap for 1.5-2 hours
3:00-wake up and play some more until Dad gets home and Mom can finish doing dinner.
6:00-dinner
8:30-sippy cup/book and then to bed

Not bad huh?? Well apparently, someone has stolen the normal/caring/adorable/sweet child we have raised thus far and replaced him with a grouchy/ moody/ tantrum throwing/ unrecognizable toddler...this second child usually appears when it's time to eat...i have no idea why! And with me being so pregnant and exhausted all the time- I have very little patience for a child who doesnt want to eat and who will throw the food...so he gets one chance and then I remove him from his seat, place him in his room and let him have his tantrum there until he comes to find me and shows me he is hungry...however, this is throwing my schedule out of whack and I dont like it! Who knew I was this structured? (You are probably thinking, "I did!!!") So now it is 1:26 and I am exhausted from trying to figure out what he wanted in the first place and then practically force feeding him the rest of lunch because he was falling asleep in his chair! Sheesh! I think I am going to go lie down for a few.

5 comments:

BrieAnn said...

Cora has been the same way. Our schedule is very similar to yours with the exception of dinner and bed time. BUT she hasn't had a nap for the last three days before today. Today I was feeling so frustrated that I made sure she got one. She finally fell asleep around 2:30. It's a napless child that makes me crazy!

Rachel said...

you think you have it down and it changes... ugh!

Stacey said...

Oh no... that's no fun. Sounds like he's been hanging around Evelyn! :) LOL

Unknown said...

it seems as though everytime I think we have a schedule down he changes.... some days are like that even in Australia

Jeff and DeeAnna said...

That's why it is always good to have plan B, C, and D. You will have to use them often! I hope you got a good nap. Sounds like you deserved it.